I was told I would not be able to keep up a home business after I lost my job and no longer had the money needed to support my home business.
This was a painful truth as I crunched my dollars and I had to give up:
1. My webhosted WordPress blog
2. My AWeber email autoresponder account
3. My primary business because I could not afford the monthly autoship
What I did to Keep My Home Business
It was obvious that I had to switch gears. Having a multi-level marketing (MLM) business was out of the question I was not in a place where I could have another bill. All cash flow was needed to keep the family home, pay bills and food. So I did some research and this is how I ran a home business and made money and eventually was able to join a MLM company that had a product I used, liked and an autoship fee I could afford.
1. I started a free blog at Blogspot. This is not the best way to present that you are a professional in my industry but it was better than nothing. I consulted with some six figure earners in the network marketing business and was encouraged to, “do what you got to do.”
2. I signed up for every free webinar I could attend to pick up any golden nuggets that were given related to networking on and offline, traffic generating strategies, blogging and prospecting. All of the webinars had a product to sell and I knew I could not buy but each gave me some tidbit to work with.
3. I was introduced to a free marketing system. I still use it today. The system automatically syndicates for you any and all content you place on the system i.e. comments, blogging, advertising. I built a network of associates and have joint ventured on projects that still bring results today. Whether money for marketing is an issue for your home business or not I recommend you check IBO Toolbox.
4. I was worried because “your money is in your list.” I had to drop AWeber which I have since set up an account again. I encourage you to do the same as soon as you can. However when I did not have the money for an autoresponder I used the free version of Icontact. You can go to Icontact.com. I do not use Icontact as my primary autoresponder today because I like the features in AWeber better and I think the price is moreaffordable. It was important to have an autoresponder and set up an opt in box on my blog.
5. I set up a few business email addresses using Gmail.com
6. I made one investment I bought an eBook that helped me bring it all together.
Now I was Ready for Business
I set up affiliate accounts with several networks and advertised their products and services online using free ad sites which I searched in Google and using Craigslist. Here are a few networks and techniques I used.
3. Commission Junction
4. Paid attention to announcements on Facebook about Prelaunches and signed up if it looked legitimate and of interest to my list
5. Also learned about prelaunches via emails I received having signed up for different webinars and conference call trainings.
There are many more you just have to search in Google affiliate networks, or affiliate programs for example. My favorite is ClickBank been around a long time and is a trusted marketplace.
This is how I managed a home business. It was not the fastest way to build my list partly I believe is the stigma that exist about using a free blog, and the learning curve regarding traffic generation. I stuck with it and followed to the best of my ability what the winners were doing. If you are anywhere near the situation I was in you realize I had no choice but to be determined.
Where I am Today!
1. I have a WordPress blog hosted by HostGator
2. I continue to sell other peoples products/services
3. Using my favorite autoresponder system AWeber
4. Joined my primary business and love it.
5. Believe in the power of keeping myself trained and having a safe community of like-minded people to learn from.
It wasn’t easy but it was possible
A slow process but it all worked out. I learned a lot, I contribute to my household again feeling proud. As I started earning with my business I slowly added to the business the systems and tools I needed to help me earn more and to perform task easily and freeing up time to spend with family. I hope you can see this for yourself.
The news has reported that for many people it is taking 1-2 years to find another job. It is time to live like you deserve feeling safe and secure. Do you think it would be worth trying something different that may help you and your family in the long run? If so complete the Opt-In box to the right of the page and receive information on how to start or continue your home business with a zero to minimal budget.